Bui Cong Khanh
Born on: January 1st, 1972 in Da Nang City, Viet Nam
Email: [email protected]
Address: 57 Tran Phu - Hoi An - Quang Nam, Viet Nam.
Graduated: BFA, oil painting Department, University of Fine Arts, Ho Chi Minh City.
- 2016, October: DWELLINGS-solo show at Esplanade Theatre-Singapore
- 2016, July : DISLOCATE (co-organized by San Art), The Factory Contemporary Arts Centre, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- 2015, Sept: “Fortress Temple” Exhibition at 10 ChanceryLance Gallery-HongKong.
- 2014, February: “For Home and Country” Exhibition at Yavuz Gallery-Singapore, curated by Iola Lenzi.
- 2010, May: Exhibition painting “JUICE” at Java Café in Phnom Penh ,Cambodia.
- 2010, May: Personal Exhibition “SAFE” at L’USINE, HCM City.
- 2010, Apr: Personal Exhibition “LIFE IS CONSUMPTION” at SAN ART,HCMCity.
- 2005, May: Personal Exhibition Painting, Installation “THE SOUVENIR” at Mai’s Gallery
- 2004, Mar: Personal Exhibition Painting, Installation, and Performance “I AND THE WHAT” at Mai’s Gallery in HCMC.
Group Show :
- 2017, March : Undefined Bounaries Exhibition at Korean Cultural Center and Heritage Space-Ha Noi-Viet Nam.
- 2016, October : ‘Singapore Biennale 2016: An Atlas of Mirrors’, Singapore Art Museum,
- 2016, August: Concept Context Contestation: art and the collective in Sountheast Asia in Jogjakarta, Indonesia.
- 2016, June: Sein-Antlitz-Koerper Exhibition –Berlin-Germany
- 2016, March: “Into Thin Air” Group exhibition at Manzi-Ha Noi, Viet Nam.
- 2015, Sept: Reshaping Tradition: Contemporary Ceramics from East Asia at Pacific Asia Museum-USA.
- 2015, June: Concept Context Contestation: art and the collective in Sountheast Asia at Goethe Institut-Ha Noi-Viet Nam.
- 2015, February: Group exhibition BUILDING HISTORIES ( Nine artists from Southeast Asia - five from Myanmar and four from neighboring countries) at Goethe Institute-Yangong-Burmar).
- 2014,September: Group exhibition "The Roving Eye: Contemporary Art from Southeast Asia" –ARTER-Istanbul-Turkey.
- 2014,July: exhibition of Southeast Asian and Asian contemporary art: SENSORIUM 360'-Contemporary Art and Sensed World-Singapore Art Museum (SAM).
- 2013,Dec “Concept Context Contestation” Art and Collective in southeast Asia at BACC-Bangkok-Thailand.
- 2013, Fall Creative Fusion-International Artist Residency Program-Cleveland-Ohio.
- 2013,October International Artist Lectures at Columbia College Chicago-US.
- 2013,August “WE=ME” Asean Art Exhibition and Symposium at Silpakorn University-Bangkok-Thailand.
- 2012,Nov “South country-South of country “ The collaboration art project between Zerostation, Vietnam and Outsider Factory, Taina-Taiwan.
- 2012,Oct O exhibition at SAIC-School of the art institute of Chicago-US.
- 2012, Sep RiAP-International Performace Festival-Quebec-Canada.
- 2012, Sep IMAGESPASSAGES-Musees de l’agglomeration d’Anecy-France
- 2012, March Exhibition of works by four rising talents from South East Asia at 10 Chancery Lane Gallery-HongKong.
2010 at Chateau de la Roche Jacquelin (Main-et- Loire) ,France.
-2010, May: Participated in “Making History “ Exhibition at Esplanade, Singapore.
- 2009, Dec: The Asia-Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Art(APT)-Queenland’s Art
- 2009, Feb: INTERSECTION VietNam : New works from north & south at Valentine
Willie Fine Art, Singapore.
- 2009, July: INTERSECTION VietNam:New works from north & south at Valentine
Willie Fine Art ,Kuala Lumpur ,Malaysia.
- 2009, May: TIME LIGAMENTS contemporary Vietnamese artists at 10 Chancery
Lane Gallery ,HongKong.
- 2009, Apr: Participated in Arts exhibition “Who do you think we are…?” at
BuiGallery, Ha Noi, Viet Nam.
- 2007, Oct: Participated in Arts Exhibition “Future” at SanArt Gallery, HCM City.
- 2007, Feb: Participated in Young Artists Exhibition at Ha Noi Fine Arts University.
- 2006, Jan: Participated in Exhibition and Performance at Java café, Phnom Penh,
- 2005, Nov: Participated in International Performance Art Festival “Asiatopia 2005” in Bangkok, Thailand.
- 2005, Sept: Exhibition “The Man Makes Rain” Video art at House World Culture–Berlin, Germany.
- 2005, Apr: Participated in Taiwan International Performance Art Festival (Reaching
- 2005, Jan: Young Artists Exhibition at Sai Gon South Arts Center.
- 2004, Dec: Exhibition painting in Seoul - Korea.
- 2004, Oct: Participated in Sea Arts Festival, Busan Biennale-Korea
- 2004, Sept: Participated in International Art Performance in Kwang-Ju, Biennale, Korea
- 2004, Sept: Participated in International Art Performance “Congress-Welcome Gold”, Seoul, Korea.
- 2004, Jul: Participated in “NIPAF Asian Performance Art Series” in Japan.
- 2004, Jun: Young view competition. Centre de culturel francais de Hanoi. 2nd Prixe.
- 2003, Dec: Performance at Blue Gallery in HCMC.
- 2003, Dec: Installation and Performance at Binh Quoi village in HCMC.
- 2003, Nov: Participated in Hoi An artist Club Exhibition “The Color”.
- 2003, Dec: Participated in Arts Exhibition: “Seoul-Asia Art Now”, Seoul, South Korea.
- 2002, Dec: Installation, Performance and Arts Exhibition: “Hoi An’s People” at La Gai Arts Space.
- 2002, Nov: Participated in “Windows to Asia arts network” (ANA) Viet Nam Workshop.
- 2002, Nov: Participated in International Performance Art Festival “ASIATOPIA 2002” in Bangkok, Thailand.
- 2002, Jun: Participated in a workshop International: “MELTING POT” in Toulouse, France.
- 2002, May: Exhibition titled: “Viet Nam Multifaceted” in Toulouse, France.
- 2002, Apr: Exhibition titled “Tiedeux du sud” at Impressions Gallery, Paris, France.
- 2000, Jun: Participated (painting and performance with Korea artists) in “Arts Exhibition for World Peace” at GANA gallery in Seoul, Korea.
- 1999: Group Exhibition by young artists at Blue Gallery in Da Nang city.
- 1998: Group Exhibition by Young Artists as Viet Nam Gallery in HCM city.
- 1997: Installation Arts Exhibition “Who Am I?” with French and Vietnamese students.
- 1996: Participated in annual Exhibitions of the young club in HCM city.